Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Las Vegas Super Toy Con 2105 Day 1.

This past weekend I attended Las Vegas Super Toy Con...

I didn't know what to expect really. I'm still fairly new to Las Vegas and moving from New York to Nevada has been a pretty huge change for me. I must say I was pretty pleasantly surprised.The venue was nicely filled with people walking around but not so full that I couldn't breathe (like some Comic Con conventions).  Toy collectors, aspiring collectors and lovers eagerly bounced around from booth to booth shopping, conversing, laughing, getting to know each other... it was a beautiful thing. I myself am not a collector (yet) but I like to own nice things so I always shop... I have a weakness for Funko Vinyl Figures (those big headed, creepy looking lil things, love em.

There was also special guest appearances by Tom Zahorsky of Tomica Toys, WWE's Ric Flair (Woo!), Mattel Barbie Designer Linda Kyaw, Mattel WWE Designer Bill Miekina, Garbage Pail Kids Designer Joe Simko, Hot Wheels Designer Larry Wood and MORE

Below are some random photos I shot of cool things I liked at the convention. Enjoy!


Who doesn't enjoy seeing the good ol' Delorean from 'Back To The Future".




The awesome Bubble Ray!



To The Bat Mobile! Of the 1960s that is. A true beauty.




Cereal Killers! Love these boxes and stickers that combine our favorite monsters and cereal characters into 1. You can check these guys out at SweetRot.com and Wax Eye



Below is some great collectables from the beloved Toy Shack booth. The store is located right in the heart of Fremont Downtown Vegas. 




I was admiring these Batgirl and Poison Ivy Barbie dolls... kept in pretty great condition may I add. 


Wizard of Oz


Gamers!


Star Wars freaks feast your eyes on these pieces of heaven on earth right here. 



Here's a quick peek of some classic stuff and that I found at Rogue Toys



Who doesn't love LEGO's? These next few photos are from a vendors who sells on ebay mainly. I misplaced the card unfortunately but you can probably check out Super Toy Con for more info. 





8 bit love.



Chewie!



Sick Captain America.





Love this Joker. 


Classic LIFE Batman cover. 



More Legos.


DC Villains and more at the Kimzar Kollectables booth. 




I had a pretty rad time and will be adding more updates in a bit. I would attend the convention again personally and suggest other check it out too if you like to collect toys/action figures and want to mingle with some pretty cool people. I think the convention has great growth potential so I'm excited to keep up with it, Cheers!  


Xx Nubia

About Us

Recent

Random