Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Happy 20th Anniversary to Disney's 'A Goofy Movie'.

My brother let me know today that I was getting pretty old...



My brother let me know that he read via Entertainment Weekly that today is Disney's 'A Goofy Movie' 20th anniversary. 

I have a true weak spot for this animated movie... I'm not sure why. What I will tell you is that it's my second favorite Disney movie after 'The Lion King(That's right! Beat out all of the Disney Princesses). Till this day I think this movie was terribly over looked. If you haven't seen it, go watch it NOW!

Max was moody and like many of us embarrassed by his dad, Goofy. They went through trial and tribulations and all sorts of ups and downs/father son fights. The movie had some really great emotional scenes going on. At the end I think Max realized what was important and realized his dad loved him and would do anything for him. Goofy even helped Max catch the affection of his mega crush and ultra Disney babe Roxanne.



One of the things I think has been over looked the most in A Goofy Movie is that spectacular songs. Tevin Campbell voiced 'Powerline' which was Max's and all of his friends super cool music idol. He was super smooth, had movies like Michael Jackson and an awesome futuristic style. 


He also sang amazing songs with fantastic lyrics like "Eye 2 Eye' and "Stand Out". I think Eye 2 Eye might be one of my favorite songs in like as a matter of fact. The lyrics are so romantic and inspiring and the song has so much energy. It's absolutely fantastic. 

Lyrics from Eye 2 Eye and the great 'Perfect Cast' dance Goofy and Max created. A truly heart warming movie.

If you're a good friend you'll pay The Goofy Movie Forward. It's so ridiculously underrated, I've talked to so many people about this. Tell you're friends about them or even better do something that I've done, buy them the DVD and give it to them! 

Below is my favorite song from the movie Eye 2 Eye. Goofy and Max crash PowerLine's concert and it's pretty epic. Enjoy! 



Xx Nubia


About Us

Recent

Random