Thursday, January 15, 2015

New York Comic Con Cosplay Throwback: The White Queen

I really like Emma Frost "White Queen". In every movie, comic, or cartoon I've seen her in she looks beautiful and elegant. She appears sweet but you can't let that fool you... this lady can get evil quick and can totally mind fuck you (maybe literally even).

Anyway, I first saw her in Marvel's X-Men cartoons on Saturday mornings and have been a fan ever since. In 2011 I thought she'd make a pretty hot cosplay costume for one of the days I was attending New York Comic Con.

I didn't want to buy a White Queen costume from a store so I put this one together by imitating a photo. It was pretty simple really, I purchased white shorts, a white corset, white thigh highs, a white garter belt, white shoes, and I visited a fabric store and purchased white imitation fur and fabric (my best friend sewed the cape for me) I was pretty pleased with the result, I had a lot of fun too.

Getting Ready Selfie
(excuse my dirty mirror)

Finished Look


The White Queen Cosplay was a hit a the convention and also received a bit of love online. 

Time Out New York



Gothamist


Xx Nubia



About Us

Recent

Random