Friday, January 9, 2015

The TV Gods Have Spoken: We Want The 80s/90s Back!

Man, Life Is Just So Overwhelming Now... Isn't It?   

With so many new gadgets, technology, apps, etc. It's like Ahhhhhh! Don't get me wrong, I love tech and toys but it's been a bit much lately. Just because I like to play with phones, take photos, beta test things, etc. doesn't mean I want to covert my arm into a projector of pressable buttons that may lead to world domination (or do I?). Call me old fashioned, but some of the things I've seen lately freak me out a bit. I'll try anything out once (some things are actually pretty rad) but that doesn't mean I'll include it in my daily life.

I think it's clear that a lot of us, especially in a certain age group... MISS THE PAST. When things used to be simpler and honestly, just as enjoyable. 

One of my favorite shows to watch is The Goldbergs. 


"I'm twisted up inside, but nonetheless I feel the need to stay
 I don't know the future, but the past keeps getting clearer every day."

It's about 11 year old Adam Goldberg growing up in the 1980s with his kooky, cool family. It makes me reminisce, laugh like crazy and have such a good time (I think tears of laughter have made their way down my face.) The Goldbergs gives me a fuzzy, warm feeling because it makes me associate with a lot of my own memories. It's like getting a small chunk of your life back for 22 minutes. 

From the toys Adam obsesses over, to the activities you see go on in the school, the funky fashion and hairstyles, the movies and cartoons that were released at the time, even how people acted and treated eachother... so many cool memories. Now-a-days we could barely get our face out of our cellphones. 

The Goldbergs doesn't seem to be where it's ending... 

There has been many rumors of both A Married With Children spinoff and Full House Revival. Funny fact, both shows first aired 1987. 

Married With Children is rumored to be a spinoff revolving Bud Bundy (David Faustino) and what he's up to at age 40. 


The Full House revival is said to have a few of the original cast members. TV Guide claimed John Stamos (Uncle Jesse) would be the lead and others such as Candace Cameron Bure (D.J.), Jodie Sweetin (Stephanie) and Andrea Barber (Kimmy) are on board. There's no mention of Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen however, they're probably too busy with their fashion empire and billions somewhere (womp, womp). 


If Full House got revived it would be the second ABC Family "TGIF" lineup show to come back. Let's not forget Girl Meets World trying to bring back some of the Epic Magic of what was Boy Meets World (First episode aired 1993).

This show revolves around Riley Matthews (Cory and Topanga's daugther) exploring the world and learning life's lessons just as Cory did. The new show has pretty much the same map as the original. 


To wrap this up, let's just say the past was and still is rad. It's nice to have bit's and pieces of it in this hectic world we live in today... even if it's on television.  


Xx Nubia 





About Us

Recent

Random