Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Have You Ever Lost Your Toys/Action Figures?

Oh Sweet Memories...

We may go mad! Want to cry and die a little inside right? Need therapy... who knows.

Have you ever wondered WTF happened to all of your awesome childhood toys/action figures? I have... sometimes. I was having this conversation with my brother the other day... He's a pretty funny guy and also an action figure/awesome pop culture poster enthusiast. 

I remember I donated A LOT of plush animals once to charity. I regret it sometimes because of sentimental value and because I had a whole Toy Story sort of thing going on (long story) but plushed animals take up a shit load of space! I just couldn't deal anymore. Also theres the thought of them going to kids who need them which makes me feel like I did something good, so that's okay. I do however have a bunch of little action figures missing that I don't remember donating: Madonna and Dick Tracy, Princess Peach from Mario, Retro Barbie Figures, Topcat, and much more. I'm going to assume the parentals through them out or gave them away... 

Has this ever happened to you? Have you ever tried to hunt them down and get them back in your life? Have you ever flipped the fuck out when you realize you probably purchased them for 1-10 dollars and now they can be up to 60-300 dollars on eBay on at toy stores? WTFFFFFFF. Luckily some have remained at about the same price but A LOT of sky rocketed.

Here are some of my brothers that went missing:  

Roton MOTU Heman 1980's toy Original Vintage lot Vehicle 1984

MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE 1984 ROAD RIPPER VEHICLE W/ STRIP MOTU HE-MAN MATTEL

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Vintage 1990 FUGITOID Figure TMNT


As for me... I couldn't find much of my stuff online but I remember...

Vintage Disney Applause Dick Tracy and Breathless Madonna PVC Figures

Retro Barbie Toys from Mc Donalds

Retro Looney Tunes Figures - Shell Gas - 1990

It's sad stuff I tell ya! I would loved to have some of the retro figures I remember owning nicely displayed on a book-shelf (sigh).

So here's what I have to say to the parents of small children right now...

Save some of their shit! You know, some cool toys or action figures you think will mean something someday... pay attention. They don't know any better... and one day they'll thank you. Perhaps pick your top 10 favorite toys or more if you have the space. No excuses!


Xx Nubia


About Us

Recent

Random