Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Comic Babe Wednesday: Witchblade.

Man, when I was younger I didn't read much comics really. I got into Marvel through watching the X-Men cartoons on Saturday morning (some of the best days of my life.) Anyway, when I first purchased a few of my own comics I loved Michael Turner's art work and it led to me loving Witchblade (AKA Sara Pezzini) published by Top Cow Productions/Image Comics.

Witchblade Writers: Christina Z, David Wohl, Marc Silvestri, Brian Haberlin, Ron Marz
Artists: Michael Turner, Keu Cha, Marc Silvestri, Stjepan Sejic
Creators: Marc Silvestri, David Wohl, Brian Haberlin, Christina Z, Michael Turner

So what exactly is the Witchblade?

Sara Pezzini is a homicide detective who happens to stumble upon the Witchblade. The Witchblade is an artifact in the form of a gauntlet. It ends up becoming part of Sara gives her variety of powers in order to fight supernatural evil. Awesome right? I wish I could find the Witchblade.

Sara was close to death while getting injured on the case and then the Witchblade found her and healed her wounds. It's a long and complicated story to explain but let's just say Sara fights off anyone who's interested in possessing the Witchblade, especially Kenneth Irons and his bodyguard Ian Nottingham.

Anyways, Witchblade is bad ass in the best way possible. It doesn't hurt that Michael Turner made her insanely appealing too. I know there's a lot of controversy about how female characters are drawn in the comic book industry "too sexy, too exposed" and so on... but I loved Michael Turners work. Perhaps it is a tad bit exposing, but it also speaks volumes of power, confidence and beauty to me. Most of the ladies he drew look fierce and like they were ready to take on anything coming their way. For me that over shadowed any body part they may have been showing off.

On another note, I never got around to watching the Witchblade television series that aired on TNT is 2000. Anyone knows if it's any good? I'll have to check it out soon. IMDB has it rated at a 6.4 which isn't too terrible.

For your viewing pleasure, here is our main women this Wednesday.










Xx Nubia

About Us

Recent

Random