Saturday, January 9, 2016

TNT Bringing Back ‘Tales From The Crypt’ in New Horror Block With M. Night Shyamalan.

I was sooooo very happy to hear that TNT is bringing back Tales From The Crypt With M. Night Shyamalan...


Tales From The Crypt originally aired on HBO in June 1989 and is based on the EC Comics series of the same name. I used to watch the show all the time though I must confess, sometimes it was a bit too scary for me back in the day when I watched it in the 90s (I was a young little lad)

One of the things I always enjoyed was the Crypt Keeper. He was always so twisted and had a comedic haunting personality.... kind of reminds me of my immense love for Freddy Krueger. You can imagine my complete disappointment when I read the rumors that are circulating about the Crypt Keeper not bring brought back for the reboot! 



I read on Slash Film HERE that "the show will feature an old man with a cane, wearing a hood, and keeping warm by a fireplace. That might sounds dumb to fans of the original TV series, but anyone who fell in love with the original Tales from the Crypt comics knows that description as the original Crypt Keeper, as seen here:"


As you can see, The Crypt Keeper from the comics above matches the description of the one TNT might create a bit. 

Recently M.Night Shyamalan confirmed the rumors by tweeting this: 


I like M. Night Shyamalan's work and believe he can make a scary, horrific and entertaining Crypt Keeper. I must confess though, I'm really bummed it won't be our buddy the Crypt Keeper from HBO voiced by John Kassir. 





I've decided to keep a positive attitude about this situation because I'm still thrilled they're brining the show back and I have faith in M. Night Shyamalan. What do you guys think? 



Xx Nubia

About Us

Recent

Random