Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Bar Luce: Wes Anderson Designs A Cafe In Milan And It's Divine.

A Magical, Whimsical Place To Drink Your Coffee In...



I took to Instagram the other day to search #BarLuce. Bar Luce is an an Italian cafe that film maker and screen writer Wes Anderson helped design. The cafe opened Saturday in Milan's Fondazione Prada building. The photos I saw were Ah-MAZ-ing. You may recognize Wes Anderson's interior design style from movies such as "The Grand Budapest Hotel" and "The Royal Tenenbaums".

Wes Anderson in known for his whimsical and enchanting aesthetic which you can definitely see come to like in Bar Luce. It's almost as if you're walking in a scene from one of his movies. I'm pretty obsessed with the color palette of pretty pastels, pinks, blues and greens mainly. The retro 1950's-1960's vibe the design captures also has me smitten. 

When speaking about the design, you can read on the Bar Luce site Anderson say's the following: 

"There is no ideal angle for this space. It is for real life, and ought to have numerous good spots for eating, drinking, talking, reading, etc. While I do think it would make a pretty good movie set, I think it would be an even better place to write a movie. I tried to make it a bar I would want to spend my own non-fictional afternoons in."









How rad is this Zissou pinball machine!? 





Well let me tell you guys something! I'm feeling very unfortunate I don't live in Milan right about now. I would spend tons and tons of time in this spellbinding cafe if it was close by... it seems like an inspirational, creative hub. 

Xx Nubia

About Us

Recent

Random